Welcome to CEI Early College Programs
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN for Fall Term
Click HERE to view class schedule options
Early College Admissions / Registration Instructions
STEP ONE: Admissions (only required for new students, never taken a class)
- Complete the online admissions application.
STEP TWO: Registration (required each term you take a class)
- Complete and submit the Registration Request Form.
- A signature from your counselor or school administrator is not required at this time. The Early College office will communicate with your school counselor via email to obtain their digital signature.
- Include proof of pre-requisite if you are taking a class that requires one.
STEP THREE: Apply for Funding (required each term you take a class)
If you are using Fast Forward Funding to pay tuition for your classes, you must apply for funding using the Advanced Opportunities website.
The portal opens on August 24th to apply for funding. Contact your high school or the Early College office if you need help.
STEP FOUR: Pay Balance Due (required each term you take a class)
Fast Forward Funding does not cover course fees and books. If you are taking a concurrent enrollment course directly through CEI, you need to pay fees by the deadline. Dual Credit courses taught at the high school do not have fees.
STEP FIVE: Orientation (required only once, the first time you take a class)
- New students will be required to complete an orientation either online or in-person when the term starts. New students will be notified by the Early College Office when their orientation packet is ready.
You can print out these instructions HERE.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions. You can also call 208-535-5309 for assistance or to schedule a virtual advising appointment.
Where will your journey take you?
Early College Programs (ECP) allow students to individualize their high school education while getting a jump-start into their future. These options include:
- Early College on CEI's campus (concurrent)
- Early College at the high school (dual credit)
- Technical Competency Credit
- Advanced Placement programs
What is Fast Forward and how does it apply to me?
The Fast Forward program provides every student attending an Idaho public school an allocation of $4,125.00 to use towards Advanced Opportunities in grades 7-12. The program was expanded by the Legislature in 2016 through the passing of House Bill 458. The fund can be used for:
An overload course is a high school level course that is taken in excess of the student’s regular school day. These courses are offered online, during the summertime, and after school. In the event that student incurs a cost for such courses, the Fast Forward program can pay up to $225.00 for the cost of the course. Overload courses must be above and beyond the full course load offered by the student’s local school. Check with your high school counselor for more information.
Dual credit are courses taken by high school students that are transcribed on their high school and college transcripts. The Fast Forward program can pay for up to $75.00 per credit, and in most cases, the cost of these credits is $65.00. Dual Credit courses can also be taken online, by virtual conferencing, or in some cases students can go directly to the college/university campus. More information on specific Idaho colleges and universities can be found in the Links tab on the http://www.sde.idaho.gov/student-engagement/advanced-ops/index.html weblink.
Student can utilize Fast Forward funds to pay for a variety of college-credit bearing or professional technical exams. These include Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), College Level Examination Program (CLEP), or Career & Technical Education (CTE) exams. A full list of qualifying exams is available in the Resource Files on the http://www.sde.idaho.gov/student-engagement/advanced-ops/index.html weblink.
Early College Programs
(208) 535-5309 Main
(208) 525-7026 Fax
Christofferson Building #3 Room 333
Office Hours: 8am-5pm, M-F
Director, Early College Programs
Region 6 Transition Coordinator
Building #6, Room 101D
- Advanced Opportunities
- Early College Change of Programs Form
- Early College Credit Tracking Form
- Early College Packet
- Guidelines for Dual Credit Accommodations
- Idaho Course Transfer
- Idaho JobScape
- Idaho Nuclear Occupations Prezi
- Next Steps Idaho
- Release of Information Authorization
- SkillStack & Career Atlas Lesson Plan
- State Board of Ed "The Facts"
- Technical Competency Credit (TCC) Request Form