Procedure 902: Face Coverings for Employees
Covered Individuals: All CEI Employees
This procedure will remain in effect until further notice.
In order to help slow the spread of COVID-19 in Eastern Idaho, effective August 17, 2020 and until further notice, all College of Eastern Idaho (CEI) employees and students as well as members of the public will be required to wear a face covering when in CEI buildings. Additionally:
- Staff will measure six feet between desks/tables/chairs in classroom and lab spaces and mark on the floor so that desks/chairs can easily be placed at the six feet markings or some sort of covering/tape can be placed over chairs that should not be used to be allow for six feet between class participants. Employees will respect these markings.
- Employees and contractors will maintain six feet of physical distancing in offices, meeting spaces and other gathering spaces (meeting rooms, private offices with space for a meeting, etc.).
- A documented medical reason or disability that prevents the person from wearing a face covering.
- An employee must provide the CEI Human Resources written documentation from their medical care provider demonstrating that the employee cannot tolerate wearing a face covering to be saved in the employee’s file.
- A contractor must provide the Director of Facilities and Operations written documentation from their medical care provider demonstrating that the person cannot tolerate wearing a face covering.
- Note: A member of the public does not need to provide documentation demonstrating that they cannot tolerate wearing a face covering.
- When other personal protective equipment (PPE) is already being worn (e.g., a face shield worn while welding, a facemask worn in health care course, etc.).
- While eating or drinking in a designated area.
- Room 329 in Building 3, which has been designated as a temporary cafeteria for students, employees, and contractors from 7:30am to 2:30pm, Monday through Friday until further notice.
- An employee or contractor’s desk/office or the Employee Breakroom in the Yellowstone Training Center.
- When in meetings of no more than three people if all participants agree and where a minimum of six feet of distance can be maintained between all participants.
- While outdoors on CEI’s campus and maintaining at least six feet of physical distance from other individuals.
If someone is not wearing a face covering in a CEI building, does not have a documented medical reason or disability that prevents the person from wearing a face covering, and refuses to put one on when asked by a College employee:
- Employees and Contractors:
- The offender’s supervisor will handle the situation. If the supervisor is away from campus for an extended period, the supervisor’s supervisor will handle the situation.
- Should there be noncompliance, this will be handled via CEI’s progressive disciplinary action procedure, excluding a Performance Improvement Plan (PIP).
- Employees and Contractors:
Careers / Payroll / HR
Fax (208) 525-7303