- RN & LPN application packets for Spring 2020 will be available after August 30.
- Applicants must be a certified CNA to apply for the RN and LPN program effective for the Spring 2019 application period.
The Practical Nursing program is operated with the approval of the Idaho Board of Nursing. The course of study is designed to provide you with the essential knowledge and skills to function as a practical nurse. Classes consist of both theory and hands-on supervised experience. The supervised clinical experience is conducted at major health care facilities and agencies. Successful completion of the program requirements earns an Intermediate Technical Certificate in nursing and makes the student eligible to sit for the national licensure examination (NCLEX-PN) to become a licensed practical nurse.
For more detailed information: /falcons/resources/programs/pn-admissions-handout.pdf
What do our students learn?
- Administer oral and intravenous medications
- Chart in the medical record
- Take the patient's vital signs
- Change wound dressings
- Collect laboratory specimen
- Monitor patients for changes
- Perform CPR
- Care for patients after procedures
- Assess patients
- Supervised by an RN
How long will it take?
INTERMEDIATE TECHNICAL CERTIFICATE (ITC)
- Practical Nursing program is a full time 3 semester program with pre-requisites.
- Entrance to professional program is accepted both fall and spring semesters.
- Students are required to have a CNA license prior to entering the professional program.
Why Practical Nursing at CEI?
- Lowest Cost in Idaho
- 95% average pass rates on the national license exam
- 12:1 student-to-teacher ratio
- Interactive nursing & simulation lab
- Over 300 clinical hours
- Experienced Instructors
- High job placement
Where are our graduates working?
- Regional Hospitals
- Assisted living centers
- Rehabilitation centers
- Urgent care centers
- Specialty care centers
- Care centers
- Home health care
- Physicians' offices
- County jail
How much do our graduates make?
Over the last 5 years, our graduates started out averaging $27,040 to $45,760 a year (Based on a 2080 work year, wage information is given within the first year of employment).
95.26% (Average positive placement for graduates over the past 5 years)
Admissions Counselor Health Professions
Katie Smith MSCS
Health Professions Computer Testing Lab
Health Professions Program Packets
Gainful Employment Disclosures