The CEI Dental program provides the training necessary to become an integral part of the dental profession. The curriculum follows the Idaho State Board of Dentistry guidelines. Dental Assistants perform everything from front office responsibilities to chairside tasks and laboratory procedures.
You will learn front office and clinical duties including, scheduling patients, patient recall systems, filing, insurance procedures, ordering supplies, infection control, sterile techniques, CPR, first aid, mixing impressions and cements, charting, radiology, sealants, coronal polishing, temporary crowns, and assisting the dentist. This program also offers you hands-on experience, supervised externships in area dental offices.
For more detailed information: View PDF
What do our students learn?
- Assist dentist with a variety of treatment procedures
- Take and develop dental x-rays
- Teach patients appropriate oral hygiene strategies
- Take impressions of patients' teeth for study models
- Provide direct patient care
- Serve as an infection control officer and develop infection control protocol
- Prepare and sterilize equipment
- Record patient's medical history and vitals
Why CEI's Dental Assisting program?
- Lowest cost statewide in Idaho
- Work with local dentists
- Practice in a live dental clinic
- 12:1 student-to-teacher ratio
- 6 weeks in clinical setting
- Health Care Provider CPR and First Aid certified
- State of Idaho Expanded Functions and Duties certified
How Long Will it Take?
- Intermediate Technical Certificate (ITC) – 12 months total:
- 2 full-time semesters in the professional program
- 1 summer for clinical
Where are our graduates working?
- Pediatric dental office
- Denture clinics
- Orthodontics offices
- Large and small dentist offices
- Oral surgeons
- Dental Laboratories
82.34% - Average placement for graduates over the past five years
How much do our graduates make?
Over the last five years our graduates started out averaging $19,760 to $29,120*
(Based on a 2080-hour work year, wage information is given within the first year of employment)
(208) 524-3000 ext. 4
Health Professions Computer Testing Lab
Health Professions Program Application Packets
Gainful Employment Disclosures