Medical assistants perform a variety of health-related tasks. We teach you basic skills in multiple areas of patient care. Clinical skills include using sterile technique and infection control, recording patient information, taking vital signs and preparing patients for examinations, collecting and processing specimens, and assisting with minor in-office surgeries. Administrative skills include scheduling patients, preparing and maintaining records, performing secretarial skills and medical transcription, handling telephone calls, and writing correspondence. You learn overall assistance in all aspects of patient care under the physician's supervision.
For more detailed information: View PDF
What do our students learn?
- Prepare and administer medications as directed
- Take the patient's vital signs
- Arrange hospital admissions and lab services
- Handle correspondence, billing, and bookkeeping
- Record medical history
- Explain treatment procedures
- Instruct patients about medication and special diets
- Update patient medical records
- Assign procedure and diagnosis codes to all clinical services
Why CEI's Medical Assisting program?
- Lowest cost in Idaho
- 6 weeks in a clinical setting
- IV certification offered
- 12:1 Student-to-teacher ratio
How Long Will it Take?
- Associate of Applied Science (AAS) – 24 months total:
- 2 full-time semesters in prerequisites
- 2 full-time semesters in the professional program
- 1 summer for clinical
Where are our graduates working?
- Special care centers
- Family medical offices
- Government departments
- Rehabilitation centers
- Physicians' offices
- Urgent Care c enters
100% - Average placement for 2018 graduates
100% - Exam Passage 2018
How much do our graduates make?
Over the last five years, our graduates started out averaging $21,632 to $33,280*
(Based on a 2080-hour work year, wage information is given within the first year of employment)
CEI's Medical Assisting program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
CAAHEP: 9355 113th Street N., #7709, Seminole, FL 33775-7709 / P:727-210-2350 • F:727-210-2354 / email@example.com
(208) 524-3000 ext. 4
Health Professions Computer Testing Lab