- Fall Application Period for LPN, Full-time RN, and Part-time RN — October 4-8
- Fall Applications Available Online — August 30
Notice of Application Changes
- Proof of required immunizations and titers will now be required on an IRIS report with your application. COVID vaccine is required for nursing programs.
- In-progress pre-requisite courses from outside institutions will no longer be accepted. You must be enrolled in a CEI course to apply with in-progress pre-requisite courses.
The Practical Nursing program is operated with the approval of the Idaho Board of Nursing. The course of study is designed to provide you with the essential knowledge and skills to function as a practical nurse. Classes consist of both theory and hands-on supervised experience. The supervised clinical experience is conducted at major health care facilities and agencies. Successful completion of the program requirements earns an Intermediate Technical Certificate in nursing and makes the student eligible to sit for the national licensure examination (NCLEX-PN) to become a licensed practical nurse.
For more detailed information: View Handout
What do our students learn?
- Administer oral and intravenous medications
- Chart in the medical record
- Take the patient's vital signs
- Change wound dressings
- Collect laboratory specimen
- Monitor patients for changes
- Perform CPR
- Care for patients after procedures
- Assess patients
- Supervised by an RN
Why CEI's LPN program?
- Lowest cost statewide in Idaho
- 95% average pass rate one the licenses exam over the past 5 years
- 12:1 student-to-teacher ratio
- Over 300 clinical hours
How Long Will it Take?
- Intermediate Technical Certificate (ITC) – 24 months total:
- 1 to 2 full-time semesters of qualifying prerequisites
- 2 full-time semesters in professional program
Where are our graduates working?
- Regional Hospitals
- Assisted living centers
- Rehabilitation centers
- Urgent care centers
- Specialty care centers
- Care centers
- Home health care
- Physicians' offices
- County jail
95.26% - Average placement for graduates over the past five years
How much do our graduates make?
Over the last five years, our graduates started out averaging $27,040 to $45,760*
(Based on a 2080-hour work year, wage information is given within the first year of employment)
(208) 524-3000 ext. 4
Health Professions Administrative Assistant
Health Professions Computer Testing Lab
Health Professions Program Packets
Gainful Employment Disclosures