The William J. & Shirley A. Maeck Student Testing Center at CEI provides prospective and current students, faculty, and community members with the highest quality experience for proctoring, certification, placement, and classroom testing in a secure, professional environment. We seek to affordably meet the educational and professional goals of students, regional employers, and our community. We adhere to the NCTA Professional Standards and Guidelines.
CEI has partnered with Honorlock for online proctoring. Please review the Honorlock Frequently Asked Questions for answers regarding the requirements and usage of Honorlock. Find out more about Honorlock.
Need to schedule an exam? Now you can schedule placement exams, CEI and non-CEI academic exams, and certification exams online. If you do not see your exam on the link above, please contact the Testing Center and we will work with you to get your exam scheduled. Remember to schedule exams early!
The testing center will be excepting walk-ins. Students will not be required to have an appointment.
Test Proctoring Guidelines
We will be happy to assist you in achieving your educational goals via testing. Here are our procedures:
- The following items are NOT permitted in the testing room. They may be stored in a locker if brought with you. Electronic items, including cell phones. Food or drink. Hats, headbands & hoodies. Backpacks, tote bags, and purses. Coats, watches, and sunglasses.
- Arrange with your school or sponsoring agency to complete any requirements to allow the Testing Center to proctor your exam. Please be aware that some agencies require forms that are completed by our Testing Center. If this is the case, the candidate must provide the form to be completed.
- The return of completed testing materials will be according to the guidelines given by the sponsoring agency.
- Fees vary by exam. Fees are encouraged to be paid in advance at the Cashier's Office in Building 3. When scheduling an exam, the fee will be listed. The Testing Center is only able to accept cash or check at this time. If paying day of exam in the Testing Center, please bring exact cash or a check.
- The Cashier is located in Building 3. Candidates can also reach the Cashier at 208-535-5352.
- Please be aware that it is against campus policy to leave children unattended on campus. Please make arrangements to leave children at home during your scheduled appointment.
- All examinees are required to present a valid government-issued photo ID with a signature before testing will start. Current CEI students may use their CEI issued student ID card that has both first and last names. Clinical ID badges without last name are not an acceptable form of ID.
Sessions Building 1
Room 25 (lower level)
Fax (208) 525-7026
Testing Center Hours
Mon - Fri: 8am - 8pm
Saturday: 9am - 3pm
- Testing must be finished by the closing time of the session.
- There may be an occasional day when testing is not possible due to holidays or other conflicts.
- Please verify availability of testing session prior to arrival.
- Campus Directions and Information. Do not park in visitor parking spaces while testing.